Friday, November 14, 2014

Meet Another Judge for Cupcake Camp Charleston: Darius King of King's Cakes and Confections

I was born and raised in Charleston, SC and have 9 years experience in the baking world.  At 17, I started out as a cake decorator at a local grocery store and was so inspired by what could be done in the world of baking that I took it to the next level and decided to study it further as I entered into college.
In 2012, I graduated from the Culinary Institute of Charleston with an Advanced Certificate in baking and pastry and an Associate's Degree in Applied Science: Baking and Pastry. Currently, I work as a pastry cook at Magnolia's restaurant on Eastbay Street in downtown Charleston and as a baker for Miltary Deli/Bakery Services on the Charleston Air Force Base. I also run my own start up business known as King’s Cakes and Confections in my spare time.


In my off time, I am just a regular guy. I'm family oriented and would move mountains for my friends. That’s me in a nutshell.

For more information, visit King's Cakes and Confections

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors Needed

New Poster 2021

 New Poster is out! Thanks to Hazel Rider for her help!